Haringey Law Centre can assist people with their welfare benefits problems.

This includes:

  • Helping people who are disabled to claim the disability benefits they may be entitled to;
  • Helping people who have been refused a benefit to appeal a Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) decision;
  • Helping people with council tax benefit or housing benefit problems;
  • Advising people affected by the benefits cap or the spare room subsidy (‘Bedroom tax’).

Here are some examples of the most common welfare benefits enquiries we receive at the Law Centre:

  • I have received a letter saying my benefit has stopped – what can I do?
  • I have been asked to attend a medical by the DWP – what advice can you give?
  • I have been told I am fit to work – What can I do?
  • I have been told I have been paid too much benefit in the past. Do I have to pay it back?
  • My application for the Personal Independence Payment/Disability Living Allowance/Employment and Support Allowance has been refused. How can I challenge this?
  • My child is sick. Is there any financial help I can get?

If you have a problem similar to one or more of those listed please do not hesitate to get in touch.

In March 2017, we also launched a dedicated Disability Benefits service in partnership with Debevoise and Plimpton LLPIf you or someone you know needs help regarding the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) then we can help.

More information on the flyer below or download a printable flyer HERE.