Haringey Law Centre can assist people with their legal housing problems.
- Helping people who are being or have been illegally evicted from their homes;
- Helping people living in overcrowded housing to try and move to suitable accommodation;
- Helping people living in bad housing conditions to get the property’s owner to carry out repairs;
- Helping tenants to get their landlord to return their deposit;
- Accompanying people who have to go to court because of their housing problem.
Here are some examples of the most common housing law enquiries we receive at the Law Centre:
- My landlord is going to evict me next week. Can I do anything to stop this?
- I have received a claim for possession from the County Court for rent arrears. What should I do?
- Does the council have a duty to find me somewhere to live?
- My landlord won’t do any repairs in my home. Can I force them to?
- My partner has moved out. Can I become the tenant?
- The council is taking me to court they’re accusing me of making noise, what can I do?
If you have a problem similar to one or more of those listed please do not hesitate to get in touch.