Haringey Law Centre can assist people with their legal housing problems.

This includes:

  • Helping people who are being or have been illegally evicted from their homes;
  • Helping people living in overcrowded housing to try and move to suitable accommodation;
  • Helping people living in bad housing conditions to get the property’s owner to carry out repairs;
  • Helping tenants to get their landlord to return their deposit;
  • Accompanying people who have to go to court because of their housing problem.

Here are some examples of the most common housing law enquiries we receive at the Law Centre:

  • My landlord is going to evict me next week. Can I do anything to stop this?
  • I have received a claim for possession from the County Court for rent arrears. What should I do?
  • Does the council have a duty to find me somewhere to live?
  • My landlord won’t do any repairs in my home. Can I force them to?
  • My partner has moved out. Can I become the tenant?
  • The council is taking me to court they’re accusing me of making noise, what can I do?

If you have a problem similar to one or more of those listed please do not hesitate to get in touch.